PGDip : Professional Practice in Senior Sales Leadership
Only 12 spaces left for the 04 Oct 2022 start date,
Consalia’s PGDIP (Post Graduate Diploma) Apprenticeship, delivered in partnership with Middlesex University, provides a professional development path for talented salespeople to develop leadership skills ready for their next career progression. All assessments are carried out by Consalia and University faculty staff. Additionally, the programme has various start dates throughout the year.
Designed around an employer-developed Standard for competence in a specific role, our apprenticeships not only combine on-the-job learning with a structured study approach, but our programmes are also future-proofed. Meaning, we don’t just train to satisfy today’s demands, we equip students with training that will prepare them for future demands that may occur as the sales industry continues to develop.
For companies in the UK, Apprenticeships represent a government-backed initiative to support skills developed in the workplace. Our PGDIP Apprenticeship provides a professional development path for your talented sales team to develop leadership skills within the organisation.
Who is this programme for?
The PGDIP Apprenticeship has been developed specifically to provide employers with the opportunity to grow their next generation of sales leaders through structured professional development.
At the completion of the Level 7 PGDIP (Post Graduate Diploma) Apprenticeship, participants will have the qualifications, confidence and knowledge to elevate sales standards within the organisation, as well as progress into the next role in their personal career.
This core programme comprises 6 core modules of guided study that are tailored to your working environment. Each year also contains a work-based project where you can apply your study in your company.
Year 1 - Principles of Sales Transformation
- Thinking innovatively about Sales leadership
- Sales Transformation and the impact of change and disruptive technologies
- Reflective practice
- Defining the mindsets for sales leadership
- Ethical perspectives of selling for Sales Leaders
- Creating Customer Value
- Action research and Appreciative inquiry
- Managing the Business of Selling
- Systematic approach to sales leadership
- Strategic market analysis
- Optimising sales performance measures and practices
- Sales Management system
- Ethical considerations for Sales Leaders
- Develop a Sales leadership Vision
- Tools to develop strategy
- Applying Financial analysis in a sales leadership context
- Financial governance and legal requirements
- Procurement strategies
- Coaching and Developing Sales People
- Definition & benefits of coaching
- Theory and practice of coaching for Sales Leadership
- Codes of Conduct and ethical practice for the Manager as Coach
- The Coaching process
- Coaching and Mentoring skills
- Coaching as a Sales Leader
- Exploration of strategic workforce planning
- Leading Innovation and Change in Sales
- Purpose and context of innovation
- Transactional v Transformational change
- Leading change
- New ways of workingManagement v Leadership
- Leadership for Transformation
- Knowledge of systems thinking
- Managing complex stakeholder relationships
Your study and work are integrated. Your time will be dedicated to learning that is aligned to your role.
Year 2 - Application in practice
- Sales Ethics and Risk Management
- Ethics and values-based leadership
- Knowledge of brand and reputation management
- Risk management
- Regulatory environments
- Work-place compliance requirements
- Corporate social responsibility
- Environmental impact and cyber security
- Financial governance and legal requirements
- Reflection and Research for Sales Leaders
- Critical reflection on professional journey
- Research methodologies and theoretical approaches
- Reflective thinking
- Role of the practitioner/researcher
- Ethics of workplace and work-based research
Blended and face to face
Face to face interactions are important but not always possible. A mixture of online and in-person learning has the greatest benefit.
The Endpoint Assessment method includes:
- A strategic business proposal
- A professional discussion
Demonstrating that the apprentice has achieved the KSBs of the Senior Leader standard.
MSc Sales Leadership project
After completion of the PGDIP, students have the option to participate in an additional module. This module consists of a final negotiated project that can be related to individual professional development and/or organisational development needs which will lead to an MSc qualification.
Students can choose to top up their programme at an additional cost, with the aim of gaining a Masters qualification (MSc).
Upcoming Start Dates
The next cohort will start in the third quarter of 2022. To learn more or hear about alternative options that may suit you, contact the team via firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in a form using our 'Get in Touch' tab.
|Start Dates||Places Left|
|04 Oct 2022||12|
The Student Experience
Our students come from many different industries and have been transformed by our Level 7 apprenticeship programmes. Consalia's work-based learning approach provides students with the opportunity to immediately implement their learning. Additionally, students have the unique opportunity to network with fellow professionals from various backgrounds in the sales business.
Your Teaching Team
A group of highly motivated and professional education specialists guide our students through their studies. Unlike other schools we are very hands-on in our approach, discovering together how we can adapt the modules and learning to complement your working environment.
Dr Philip Squire
Each cohort will consist of a mixed group of professionals from various backgrounds and from various companies. This provides each individual with a unique opportunity to not only learn but network within their group.
- Male 60% - Female 40%
- Age Range:
- 28 - 57 years
- Average Age:
- 42 years
- Class Size:
Companies that have benefitted from this programme
at least 20% of your study will take place as in company learning
- 2 Cohort intakes a year
- 16-20 Students per cohort (variety of industries)
- 20+ Students graduated
- No prior experience is required
- Applicants must be in strategic or senior sales leadership roles
- Maths and English GCSE are preferable but not essential
Get in touch with the Consalia team to learn more about how you can enrol yourself or your sales leaders on the programme.
Simply click "Apply Now" above to fill out the form and a member of our team will be in contact with you shortly.